My one staple beauty item would have to be mascara. Lipgloss too but if I had to pick one it’d be mascara. Even if you have no other make up, you put mascara on, life is just better lol.
So when choosing a mascara, what’s something that you look for? What’s important? Volume, length, natural ingredients, a specific kind of applicator brush? All of the above?
For me, it is volume and the applicator brush.
I never used to care much about the applicator but I realized how important a good applicator is in order to get the most out of the product. It really makes a huge difference. I also don’t care if it’s high end or drug store as long as they do the job.
So here are my top 5 mascaras (listed in order of preference)
- Tarte Lights Camera Lashes Mascara $25CAD
Absolutely love this mascara.
-the applicator brush is the perfect size and easy to use for both upper and lower lashes
– amazing volume and fullness
– thick and very pigmented
– separates the lashes
– only thing I’d say is that I find you have to have a light touch while applying the mascara because it can get clumpy if you apply too much of a thick coat
2. L’Oreal Telescopic Mascara 15.99 CAD
This is the first mascara I ever fell in love with. I always thought I need a big bulky brush for good application. This is totally opposite. The brush is so thin and it has tiny little spikes. I thought what am I really going to do with this but that’s what makes this mascara so amazing.
– amazing brush that gets each individual lash and coats it
– separates lashes and gives them great length
– no clumping at all
– perfect brush for bottom lash application
– lasts all day without flaking
– none at all! that’s how much I love it.
3. Too Faced Better than Sex Mascara $30 CAD
– great volume without having to apply many coats
– really black and pigmented
– great fullness
– lives up to the hype
– easy to use applicator for upper and lower lashes
– clumps after a while
4. Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara 11.99 CAD
– amazing fullness and length
-lasts all day
– good for every day use
– curls the lashes
– not the most practical applicator brush as it’s too bulky and really hard to use on lower lashes
5. Tom Ford Extreme Mascara ( I can’t remember the exact price but I want to say it was $50)
– gives intense looks because it’s carbon black
– magnifies the lashes so it’s great for an evening out
– doesn’t flake or clump
– great volume and thickness
– although it’s a good mascara it’s nothing out of ordinary or that you can’t find in other mascaras that are cheaper, so in other words too expensive for an average look
– starts to smudge a little if worn all day long
Do you guys use any of the ones I mentioned? Let me know what some of your favourite mascaras are. I am always looking to try new ones!