To put it bluntly: it’s garbage! Fiber mascaras are quite popular now. If you don’t know what fiber lash mascara is , keep reading. I was quite interested in trying one but did not want to spend $50 on a high end brand so went with L’Oreal as they are a good quality drug store brand and I’ve heard good reviews about their version of it.
First off, what is Fiber Mascara?
Fiber mascara is a type of mascara that either contains tiny fibers inside the mascara tube or comes with fibers that can be brushed on to the eyelashes after the mascara is applied. The fibers are typically made of materials, such as silk or rayon, that help create the look of thicker, fuller lashes. These fibers cling to the eyelashes easily because they bind together with the stickiness of the mascara. Many regular mascaras promise these results, but often do not deliver. Fiber mascara may be a useful alternative for people who want to achieve the look of thicker lashes without using fake ones.(credit to Wise Geek)
For more info check out: http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-fiber-mascara.htm
Anyway. I normally use the L’Oreal Telescopic Mascara and love it. I’ve tried a million different mascaras but this one, since I’ve discovered it a few years ago, I haven’t gone to anything else. I did try out a few other ones but always stuck with L’Oreal Telescopic.
I am not sure what I expected, well, yes I do, I expected long , thick, full gorgeous lashes. I did not get that.
Here is what I did find:
– Mascara is incredibly dry. When you pull out the mascara stick, it looks like an old dried out, expired mascara and the brush itself looks like it’s been used for years.
– When you apply it it’s hard to get the product on your lashes because of how DRY it is
– I had to do 4 coats to even notice the product at all! is it my eyelashes or something? lol I don’t get it!
– Once I’ve applied it, it clumped my eyelashes together
– It did not give me length, volume or any of that
– It flaked after a few hours, the little fibers were all over my face
Anyway.. do you see any difference with my eyelashes? Exactly, neither do I. Does it look like I am wearing some special mascara or just regular? Yes, Exactly what I thought!
I do not like anything about this mascara. Did I apply it wrong? I don’t know. I am pretty sure I know how to apply mascara lol
I did read review before purchasing this. They were mixed but more on the positive side. So I don’t know. I am going to give it one more try and see what happens!
Good thing – at least I waited until it was on sale until I purchased it! SMH.