Hard Candy is not a widely popular or well known cosmetic brand and I myself, only discovered it about a year ago at Walmart. What attracted me is the packaging to be honest, it was fun, cute, bright. I only got a nail polish, lip gloss and a loose eyeshadow and it was not the greatest. So, this time I thought let me try this eyeshadow palette, it was only about $6 CAD.
My overall opinion on it: MEH!
There are a few other palettes in different tones, as well but I went with this Feelin blue one.
The first 5 shadows are light really shimmery tones and the other 5 are bright and darker colours.
At first glance they are really pretty colours and they look very pigmented. My VERY FIRST observation is HOLY they are so chalky! I mean you can even see some of the residue on my arm from the swatches. Just really really chalky and patchy.
So let’s talk about the first 5 tones.
– very light
– not very pigmented at all
– you need to dab quite a bit and go over it to even see the colour a little
– not much difference between the tones
– if you are going for a shimmery look, then it’s all good, or to outline your bottom eyelash, it really makes the eyes pop!
Not very impressed at all with the lighter side of this palette.
Now onto the other 5 tones:
– very pigmented
– very vibrant
– you can use it as eyeliner
– they are a little less patchy then the lighter tones but still chalky which I can work with because at least the colours are gorgeous and very pigmented.
So I am not sure how this works but I am unhappy with the lighter tones and pretty happy with the brighter colours. It’s like two different palettes. Basically, you get what you pay for. I wasn’t expecting anything amazing with a 6 dollar palette but this just confirmed that Hard Candy cosmetics is not the greatest quality. They really lure you in with their packaging but the products I’ve tried so far, NO BUENO! The nail polish wasn’t too bad.
I haven’t done any looks with this palette just yet but I will soon and I’ll post some pics 🙂
Have you tried any Hard Candy products? If so, did you like it? I’d love to know!