I have been looking for a nail polish rack, not a basket or a box of some sort but an actual rack that can go on the wall just like in nail salons and I could not find it anywhere! I’ve watched numerous youtube videos for ideas and then I just said OK I am creative enough I can think of something on my own and this is what I came up with! So proud lol.
This is all I used:
– white picture canvas $2.00 CAD
– old shoe box that I made little shelves out of
– Masking tape (zebra print) $1.00 CAD
– Crazy glue
I picked up a decent size white canvas and the size would depend on how many nail polishes you have. I have about 50 or so.
I had zebra masking tape around from something else I was doing a few weeks back and this I also picked up from a Dollar store.
1. I took one of my bigger nail polish bottles and placed it aligned with the bottom edge of the canvas.
2. With a pen I marked the top that the bottle reached as that is where the shelf will be placed
3. I used the nail polish bottle while moving it up along the canvas to mark where each shelf would be placed
4. Once I had everything marked, I took an old shoe box . I made the shelves about 2inches wide and the length was obviously the length of the canvas.
5. I cut it up and then covered it with the zebra masking tape.
6. I used the crazy glue to glue the shelves to the marked lines.
7. I cut up smaller pieces (on the side) and covered them with tape as well to serve as additional support.
I haven’t hung it on the wall yet but when I do, it’ll be hung just like you would hang a regular canvas picture!
My carpet in the bedroom is zebra print so this goes perfect. Hope you like it!